- ERC - Edinburgh, IN - 2021-Aug-21
August 21, 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
About This Course:
Although the most probable engagement distance in the real world will be under 25 yards, there are times when probable isn’t actual. It could be a hostage situation from an extended distance, it could be an active shooter down a long hallway, or it could be someone outside using cover to prevent you from closing the distance.
This course is designed to allow you to take accurate shots from 25 – 100 yards using a standard setup AR with iron sights, red dot, or holographic setup. It is not a precision rifle course where you will be using magnified optics.
- Properly zeroing your sights and understanding the various ranges affected
- Stability positions and how to properly utilize them
- Movement between various ranges
- Point of aim versus point of impact at various ranges
- AR style semi-auto firearm (barrel length/caliber does not matter, AR pistols are fine)
- Iron sights, red dot, or holographic optic
- At least 2 magazines
- 150 rounds of ammunition (we will likely shoot less)
- Sling (1, 2, or 3 point)
- Knee/Elbow pads are recommended but not required
All participants should bring ear and eye protection and dress appropriately for the weather.
Fighting Rifle Level 1 or equivalent
This course is not a highly physical course, but participants should expect to be moving and getting into various positions (kneeling, seating, prone, etc)
This course is open to ages 14+ as long as a parent attends.
Venue: Edinburgh, Indiana
6077 US Highway 31
Located 0.2 miles North of Tara Treatment Center on East side of Hwy 31.
Located 0.4 miles North of railroad crossing.
Please note….some GPS systems will utilize Franklin as the city versus Edinburgh.