- FID - Edinburgh, IN
October 7, 2016 - October 10, 2016
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Do you enjoy helping others learn about firearms? Do you have people in your family or circle of friends you want to more effectively help understand how to protect themselves?
Are you a serious student of firearms? Ready to take your personal learning to the next level, and help introduce others to firearms? The best way to learn material is to prepare to teach that material. Properly instructing others requires you have a deep understand of the how and the why.
This is an instructor development course, but it is equally applicable to those who simply want to polish their own personal skills
The course will focus heavily on participants teaching blocks of instruction, followed by critiques from the fellow participants.
Superior graduates will have the opportunity to work with MALC as assistant instructors on future courses.
This is an intensive 4 days of training in the following skills:
- Handgun, Carbine, Shotgun live fire and dry fire
- Adult Education
- Range Safety
- Combat Mindset
- Problem Analysis
- Proper Gear
- Duty Sized Semi-Automatic Handgun (preferred manufacturers: Glock, Springfield, S&W, H&K, Sig)
- 3 Handgun Magazines
- Quality Holster for Handgun and Spare Magazines (NO Serpa Holsters)
- Good Quality Belt
- AR Platform Rifle (preferred Iron Sights, Holographic, or Red Dot)
- 3 AR Magazines
- Quality Sling for Rifle and Pouches for Spare Magazines
- 12 or 20 gauge Tube Fed Shotgun (preferred manufacturers: Remington, Mossberg, Benelli, Winchester)
- Shotgun Shell Side Saddle
- Approximately 300 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Approximately 300 rounds of rifle ammunition
- Approximately 50 rounds of shotgun ammunition
- BDU or Tactical Style Pants
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Note Pad and Pen
- Good Attitude
A preferred equipment list is available on request, along with special pricing. Equipment and Firearms are available for loan on a first come/first served basis.
This is a 4 day course, starting at 9am and finishing around 6pm each day.
Venue: Edinburgh, Indiana
6077 US Highway 31
Located 0.2 miles North of Tara Treatment Center on East side of Hwy 31.
Located 0.4 miles North of railroad crossing.
Please note….some GPS systems will utilize Franklin as the city versus Edinburgh.