- GM - Richmond
January 27, 2018 - January 28, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
About This Course:
If for whatever reason you find yourself in a situation where you had to defend your home, your family, or your friends in a “repel borders” event, the dynamics of gunfighting are going to change. Some people refer to this as “TEOTWAWKI – The End Of The World As We Know It”. Regardless if you consider yourself a “prepper”, a “survivalist”, or just enjoy training the full spectrum, this course will be one that teaches you skills, teaches you about equipment, and pushes you in ways you can’t imagine.
This is not a course where you are expected to purchase an expensive rifle with expensive optics. On the contrary, this course is to teach you how to take your current firearm and push it to the limit. While most civilian will never make a 300 yard shot in “the real world”, the skills learned in this course will make you better at all ranges.
We will teach you how to zero the weapon for its intended use, how to setup your support gear, how to rapidly and accurately put rounds on target, how to keep your gun working, and how to do all this while moving in a potentially survival situation. In addition, we will have lessons on winter survival, tracking, and other skills you would find vital if a TEOTWAWKI event did occur.
You will learn to work alone and in small teams.
- Good quality weapon suitable for approximately 300 yards (Bolt Action, AR, AK, etc.)
- Optics can be iron sights, magnified red dot, or magnified scope
- Approximately 300-500 rounds of rifle ammunition
- Rifle Sling
- 2 extra rifle magazines if you weapon is magazine fed
- Method to carry your rifle magazines/ammo (chest rig, battle belt, etc.)
- Eye and ear protection
- Any survival gear you would like to try or learn to use
- Fire Starting Items
- Food / Water for the entire time
- Clothing appropriate for the weather. You WILL be outside for extended periods of time regardless if it raining, sleeting, snowing, or bright and sunny.
- Be prepared to sleep outdoors, and to make a defensible position. Tents are NOT allowed. 😉
- If there is something you do not have, inform us in advance and we can arrange for you to borrow (including firearms).
- OPTIONAL ITEMS:
- Rifle Drag Bag
- Shooting Mat
- Spotting Scope
- Flat tarp for making shelter
- You will have access to your vehicle to change out clothes / gear / storage of ammo / storage of water/food. The only time you will not have access to your vehicle is for the overnight portion of the training where you will be expected to hike out, make a defensible sleeping position, make a fire, and eat/drink. This will be approximately 12 hours.
This course is open to ages 14+ as long as a parent attends.
Venue: Richmond, Indiana
This is the private Freedom Precision range.