- WELD - Camby, IN
February 26, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this course:
Have you ever needed to repair a crack on a lawnmower deck, a light bracket on a trailer, or fabricate a custom piece for a project and didn’t know where to begin? This course will give you the basics of welding and light fabrication.
Once you understand the fundamentals, it will make it easier to transition between welding processes.
We will be learning the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) process, better known as stick welding.
Topics covered include:
- Welding/Cutting & Shop safety
- Welding Process (MIG,TIG,SMAW,FCAW)
- Stick welding electrode selection
- Work/Joint preparation
- Machine set up
- Welding techniques
This course is for the DIY’er or for the person who likes to be well-rounded in their skill set.
This course will cover classroom and practical hands on SMAW and Oxy-Acetylene cutting.
- Note taking material
- Long sleeve shirt with collar
- Good long pants (no holes)
- Quality work boots (again, no holes)
- Safety glasses of your preference
- Ball cap or other cover for your hair is recommended
Hot work creates sparks that can burn skin and clothing. Plan on protective clothing showing some sign of performing hot work.
NO NYLON – it melts!
We will be indoors, but anticipate having the overhead doors open for ventilation, dress accordingly.
Course fee covers all welding safety equipment and supplies required.
Venue: Camby, Indiana