|Registrationshow details +||$150.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: September 20, 2017 4:38 pm
Sales End: February 2, 2018 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- LEFR - Lafayette, IN
February 4, 2018
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
About This Course:
LEFR-TCC teaches public safety first responders including police, other law enforcement officers, firefighters, and other first responders the basic medical care interventions that will help save an injured responder’s life until EMS practitioners can safely enter a tactical scene. It combines the principles of PHTLS and TCCC, and meets the recommendations of the Hartford Consensus document and TECC guidelines.
LEFR-TCC is designed for basic life support providers or non-medically trained first responders.
Understand the rationale for immediate steps for hemorrhage control (including external hemorrhage control, direct pressure and wound packing, early use of tourniquet for severe hemorrhage, internal hemorrhage control by rapid evacuation, and transportation to major hospital/trauma center.
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices
- Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
- Recognize the tactically relevant indicators of shock.
- Practice IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) with the following:
- CAT-T or SOFT-TW Tourniquet (Absolutely NO Rat)
- Roll of gauze
- Israeli, Olaes, ETD, or H&H compression bandage (4″ or 6″)
- Practice Combat Gauze (Can be flat packed standard gauze)
- Practice Chest Seal (Can be a simple 6″ by 6″ piece of wax paper with duct tape)
- Note taking material
None. Intro to Tactical Medicine will be helpful but not required
Open to ages 14+ when parent attends
This course will qualify for 8 hours of EMS continuing education
This is a fast paced one day course
Venue: Lafayette, Indiana
Full address supplied as event gets closer