- MNT - Edinburgh - 2021 April
April 10, 2021 - April 11, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this course:
If you are interested in Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, or are simply interested in learning the fascinated skill of tracking someone through the woods, this course is for you.
Even once footprints wash out due to rain or other foot traffic, it is possible to track your subject if you know what to look for.
If you ever went on a hike and lost something along the way, this will also help you retrace your own steps to find the item!
- Principals of Tracking
- Training the Eye
- Visual and Non-visual indicators
- Understanding Human Motion
- Pace and Stride identification
- Tracking Team Principles
- Good hiking boots or equivalent
- Durable outdoor clothing for moving through brush
- Good quality compass
- Eye protection (like the cool MALC safety glasses)
- Pencil AND Pen
- Water and method to carry in the field (bottle in backpack, Camelback, canteen, etc)
- Food & Snacks for the day (you will be eating in the field, not going to a restaurant)
- Backpack for your gear
Land Navigation will be helpful but not required
This is a course where you will be required to stand and walk for long periods. Although not a physically demanding course apart from what you would normally do on an extended hike, it will NOT be a sedentary course.
Open to ages 14+ with parent in attendance
Venue: Edinburgh/Taylorsville, IN
We are in the same building as Mann Harley Davidson at the other end of the building. This is located in the same general area as the Edinburgh Outlet Mall