July 29, 2017
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
About This Course:
This course (phase 2) is designed to teach basic pistol operation to a new shooter, or an experienced shooter wanting to obtain a CCW permit as required in Ohio. Students will be loading, cocking, de-cocking, and unloading Revolvers and Semi-automatic pistols, shooting from the bench rest position and from a standing position all with an emphasis on safety, proper form, and operation. Basic malfunction clearing will also be covered.
- Essential gun safety rules
- Different types of pistols and which one is best for you
- The basics of ammunition
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Different shooting positions
- The most common shooting errors
- Proper gun cleaning and maintenance
- How to maintain your skills
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Notetaking material
- All other equipment will be provided.
Rental Pistols are available, please let us know in advance if you will be needing one.
Venue: New Paris, OH
Exact location will be disclosed prior to event.