- RDPF - Edinburgh, IN
October 17, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this course:
Red Dot optics/sights (RDS) have become prevalent on rifles and are now considered the standard for close quarter fighting rifles. The same is projected for pistols as the technology continues to adapt and improve. For shooters whose eyesight might not be perfect, red dots can offer several advantages. However, using a red dot optic is not exactly the same as using traditional sights. This course will give you the fundamentals necessary to properly transition to and deploy a RDS on your handgun. For those who are considering making the switch, we will have rental handguns available to use.
- Red Dot Sight (RDS) theory
- Red dot types, features, and mounts
- Holster considerations
- Marksmanship and mechanics
- Acquisition of the sight
- Parallax and occluded optics
- Use of back-up sights
- Alternate aiming techniques
- Pistol with RDS (or arrangements to rent)
- At least 2 magazines (additional magazines will decrease time spent reloading)
- Holster (NO Serpa Holsters due to insurance regulations)
- Approximately 400 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear protection
Defensive Handgun Level 2 or equivalent training at another certified training facility
Open to ages 14 and over when attending with a parent.
Venue: Edinburgh, Indiana
6077 US Highway 31
Located 0.2 miles North of Tara Treatment Center on East side of Hwy 31.
Located 0.4 miles North of railroad crossing.
Please note….some GPS systems will utilize Franklin as the city versus Edinburgh.