Extended Range Carbine
About This Course:
Although the most probable engagement distance in the real world will be under 25 yards, there are times when probable isn’t actual. It could be a hostage situation from an extended distance, it could be an active shooter down a long hallway, or it could be someone outside using cover to prevent you from closing the distance.
This course is designed to allow you to take accurate shots from 25 – 100 yards using a standard setup AR with iron sights, red dot, or holographic setup. It is not a precision rifle course where you will be using magnified optics.
· Properly zeroing your sights and understanding the various ranges affected
· Stability positions and how to properly utilize them
· Movement between various ranges
· Point of aim versus point of impact at various ranges
· AR style semi-auto firearm (barrel length/caliber does not matter, AR pistols are fine)
· Iron sights, red dot, or holographic optic
· At least 2 magazines
· 150 rounds of ammunition (we will likely shoot less)
· Sling (1, 2, or 3 point)
· Knee/Elbow pads are recommended but not required
All participants should bring ear and eye protection and dress appropriately for the weather.
Fighting Rifle Level 1 or equivalent
This course is not a highly physical course, but participants should expect to be moving and getting into various positions (kneeling, seating, prone, etc)
This course is open to ages 14+ as long as a parent attends.