About This Course:
This course is a 3 day ADVANCED FORCE ON FORCE class about self-evaluation, objective re-calibration and achieving actionable competence. Charting out individualized, accurate, relevant and objective matrix of ones competence within the realm of a violent encounter with firearms takes methodical approach, which provides one with clear picture of hierarchical order of learning and training priorities.
Forward Training Concepts “Violence Uncensored-1” class is a 3 day, 22 hour force-on-force course, designed to facilitate acquisition and fine tuning of necessary attributes through interactive environment of a 2 way force on force training.
Utilizing the concept of evolution of competence from developing attributes, learning skills, developing skill sets and all that transforming into actionable competence, this course takes the path of first defining where each student stands as a shooter AND as a fighter with the gun.
Through thoughtfully designed drills, each student will be able to diagnose individual issues and problem areas. Drills gradually and progressively will take students from understanding and developing baseline attributes, to a much more complex and chaotic realm of a gunfight. Attributes and components of the distinct stages of actions within the gunfight will be introduced in order to not only evaluate and diagnose, but to expose and eliminate dogmatic habits that impede ones ability to function with efficiency and robustness in a fight. In three intense days of learning and training, each student will be able to gather enough raw data and relevant results to be able to quantify his/her own competence.
Day 1 (8 hours)
- Workspace, distance, angulation in a 2 way close quarters gunfight.
- Access under pressure in extreme close quarters. Crafting a perfect recipe with available ingredients- space, time, angle, workspace, movement, displacement.
- Earning the access and securing the presentation.
- Improving accuracy and eliminating impulsiveness.
- Lecture: low light essentials.
Day 2 (8 hours)
- Lecture/exercises: Conflict management.
- The science of the corner- understanding the components of efficient work around the corners.
- Ambidexterity and vertical displacement.
- Light as a weapon. Reading the light. Basics of flashlight usage skills.
- Accuracy with the light.
- Basics of handgun retention.
Day 3 (6 hours)
- Forward pressure and control of space in a gun fight.
- Light-move equation in depth.
- L, T and Cross intersections.
- Full profile scenarios.
- Charting out individual training blueprint.
⁃ Note taking materials.
⁃ Concealed carry holster.
⁃ Your everyday carry items.
⁃ At least one (two is better) handheld light, extra batteries.
⁃ Appropriate attire for force-on-force training.
⁃ Eye protection.
⁃ Protective cup/bra (optional).
⁃ Sufficient hydration/snacks.
Force on force gear, ammunition will be provided.
None, although solid proficiency with your handgun is highly suggested
This is a course where you will be on your feet and moving all day, although considerations will be taken for all physical fitness and abilities will be made, it is a challenging course.