About This Course:
Accidents happen. People get hurt, sick, or lost. The temperature drops, the wind picks up, and it starts to rain. Would you know what to do? Many backcountry emergencies are preventable, and even when bad things happen, sometimes the wrong care can make things worse. By learning a few basic skills, you can make the difference between a good outcome and a bad one-and maybe even save a life.
WHO IS THE WFA FOR?
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. It also meets the ACA guidelines.
STARTING IN 2021 WFA IS REQUIRED FOR NATIONAL CERTIFICATION FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNICIAN (SARTECH II)
- Response and Assessment
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies
- Survival Skills
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Off- Grid Medical Emergencies
- Dress appropriate for weather (Rain Gear, etc)
- Long sleeves and long pants are required
- Closed toe hiking type boots
- Bug Spray
- Water Carrying System (Camelbak, Canteen, Nalgene Bottles, etc)
- Backpack to carry everything
- All medical training gear will be provided
Minimum age is 14
You will receive a national certification
This is combination of minor classroom with extended outside activities
SOLO Schools Course Instructor